Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Where's my RAM? or How I learned to work in 64 Bits Part 2

I haven't had much working from home time the past few days, and with the fall season of TV shows like Heroes, Chuck, and House 'playing' around time has been greatly reduced. I'm sad to report that I'm having driver stability issues. I was using the latest beta Nvidia drivers for x64 and now I'm having screen blanking and non responsiveness. At least they actually provide 3d graphics! But at the expense of system stability? No thanks.

So, I'm going to give up the option of running games on my x64 machine(for now anyway) and focus on Virtualization software and my productivity apps. So it's Microsoft Virtual PC, VMWare Server and the standard stuff, Office 2007, web and graphics apps.

To Be continued...

No comments: