Friday, September 28, 2007

The reports of Windows XP's death are greatly exaggerated

Windows XP has officially received a stay of execution. You will still be able to purchase XP home and professional until June 30, 2008. OEM's and system builders will be able to keep bundling Microsoft's best OS until January 30, 2009.

So does this mean that Vista is a flop? Well, I can tell you that I get people asking me the question whether they should downgrade to XP, as they are having issues with Vista. Time will tell if Vista really is "ME2" or not.

2 comments:

Computer Consulting Kit said...

I have been following the rise of Vista since its release a while back. I think especially in working with small businesses I’ve learned that it’s often better not to go with the “latest and greatest” technology components. It tends to be overkill when you’re working with people that don’t necessarily have a “technical” brain and are typically operating just slightly behind the curve. Plus, it always takes a bit to work out the kinks in a new OS. I have Computer Consultants Secrets Blog in which I share news and tips for computer consultants, and I’ve been following the story sporadically with Vista as it develops. Thanks for the post!

fredds72 said...

I saw your comment on Chris Pirillos blog regarding Vista and the lack of video drivers. Go to the following link and see what manufacturers have to do to get a driver to work in Vista.
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html

cheers
fredd